Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me!

That's right, today is my birthday. I'm not going to tell you how old I am - I'm getting far too close to the big 'four-oh' for my liking... Today was just another day, ordinary start to the day, the usual "I don't feel well enough for school" routine from Nath. We almost got to school and I had to pull over, Nathan was about to be sick. He's been complaining of feeling unwell most mornings lately, he stayed home last week, only to perk right up at 10am so then I had to drive back to school to take him, I wasn't going to do that again today. So anyway I had a boy home from school with a bucket - that he used several times. By lunch time he was feeling much better.  I spent the day writing school reports that I just haven't been able to get my head around these past two weeks. Dad picked Cam up from school for me so I didn't have to take Nath out in the car and risk more bucket behavior.  I was pretty tired this afternoon so ended up dozing on the couch before Mark came home. We were going to go out for dinner tonight, but I was too tired so we had take away. Mark and Cam bought me some lovely roses and we had sponge with pink icing filled with jam and cream.

After tea we ordered my birthday present. I'm getting a Silhouette Machine (we're buying it new on ebay from the US b/c they are half the price over there - I'll just have to get an adaptor so I can use it.) Can't wait to get it. Hope it doesn't take too long to arrive.

We would have ordered it earlier (like two weeks ago) but we've had a roller-coaster of a ride over the past two weeks.

To cut a very long story short we discovered I was 6 weeks pregnant. After three blood tests and three (internal) ultrasounds, we found (well some doctors did) that I had an ectopic pregnancy. The baby was attached to one of my ovaries. We hadn't planned on getting pregnant so it was a BIG surprise. Since Monday of last week, I've had three trips to the Royal Women's Hospital, three ultrasounds (internal), five blood tests and several doctors and nurses scratching their heads. After spending the whole day at the Women's last Friday, they finally found that it was ectopic and growing on my ovary. So I had a Methotrexate injection (which is actually Chemo!!!) to stop it progressing, otherwise I would have had to have surgery and had part of my ovary removed.  Tomorrow I'm back into the Women's for another blood test to check how things are going. I will probably have to go in again next week for another check up and perhaps again the following week. We've been so impressed with the staff at the Women's, especially the main doctor we've been seeing.  So I've been off work for the past (almost) two weeks and wont go back till next Tuesday. Now there's only two more weeks of school left for the year. Lots to do, I haven't even started my Christmas shopping!!!

You can read more about the last two weeks here.

1 comment:

Renee said...

Happy Birthday gorgeous! I'm going to have to follow that link and check out what a silhouette machine is because I've ever heard of one before! The roses are beautiful. Such a massive 2 weeks you've had. xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...