Tuesday, January 11, 2011

2011 - the unknown

I said to the man who stood at the gate of the year 
‘Give me a light that I may tread safely into the unknown.’ 
And he replied, ‘Go into the darkness and put your hand into the hand of God 
That shall be to you better than light and safer than a known way!’

–from “The Gate of the Year” by Minnie Louise Haskins, 1908






2010 was an good year.


We began with our annual holiday to Beechworth.

I enjoyed teaching PE and IT this year, it was really nice not having a class of my own. At school we moved into four new classrooms and an indoor Gym! PE teaching is now much easier with not only being under cover, but having a hard court with lines!

We went on a whirl wind three week 'vacation' to the US - which included visiting LA, Disneyland, Chicago, the Creation Science Museum, Lancaster, New York and San Diego.

I made a new beautiful bed head and renovated our bedroom furniture. I absolutely love our bedroom now!

We've enjoyed getting to know some of our friends much better.

But 2010 ended on a sad note, I had an ectopic pregnancy. A pregnancy that was not planned, but once we knew there was a baby growing and developing, we wanted to have this baby very much. Unfortunately the baby was growing on my right ovary. So I had an injection of Methotrexate (which is a chemo drug) that would terminate the pregnancy.  I had weekly blood tests to monitor the pregnancy hormone levels and before Christmas I was given the 'all clear' and my pregnancy was 'officially' over.


So, 2011 - a year that has only just begun. I wonder what it will bring.

For many in our country, heartbreak is already occurring, as I type I'm watching the footage of the terrible floods in Queensland. So far 10 people have been found dead and there are over 70 people missing. Many thousands of people are currently evacuating their homes in the Brisbane area with the worst of the flooding to occur tomorrow.  My thoughts and prayers are with those in Qld who have lost loved ones, those who have lost their homes and belongings, the thousands of people who must evacuate, and for Emergency service people.


We do not know how this new year will unfold, but one thing I do know, my hand will be holding on to God's hand quite firmly and I will follow him.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...