Friday, September 24, 2010

The Adventures of Renee and Sandra

Let me start by saying that our husbands will never, ever let us take off to the countryside for a drive on our own again!

You can read Renee's account of the day here.

Wednesday began with a trip to the city to get Nathan's nobraces plates.

Nath having 'before' photos taken of his mouth.
These photos were taken two weeks earlier when
they took a mould of his mouth to make the plates.
He doesn't wear his school uniform during the holidays!

Renee called in at 2:30 and we were off to Bendigo to pick up their puppy! (After spending the weekend at Rye with us and our little dog Charlotte, they were ready to get themselves a Cav.)

So we drove up to a little town near Bendigo where we were going to meet the Breeder. We waited and waited, the kids played on some old ploughs while constantly asking us "When is the breeder coming?" "When do we see the puppy?". By 4:30 we knew that she wasn't coming. Renee rang her husband Mark who called the Breeder and was told that they were on their way to Melbourne, even though we'd called the Breeder when we arrived at the designated meeting spot in Marong. That phone call was responded to with an "Oh, ok" and then they hung up. There had been a lady in the car park at the arranged meeting place. She had a dog crate in her car. She drove off quickly after we had got out of our cars (two cars, we can't all fit in one car). We wondered if that had been her, it just all seemed a bit strange.

So we decided to go into Bendigo, give the kids an early dinner (5pm) at Maccas and decide what we'd do next. Renee's husband Mark had been on the phone to another breeder (St Luke) and told them of our troubles and they said "Oh, there's a terrible breeder in Bendigo, she's been breeding for about 30 seconds and her dogs are rubbish." It was the one and the same breeder we were trying to meet. Anyway St Luke's had a puppy for us.They were about an hour and a half away from Bendigo so we decided to drive there to get a puppy.  Renee said that I didn't have to come, but I knew that if it was me, I'd rather have someone with me especially as it was getting late.

We drove through some beautiful country side, if it wasn't getting late, we both would have stopped many times to take photos of the canola and wheat fields, hay stacks and old farm houses.  We were met at the Logan pub (which looked like a tiny old house) by the breeder's husband who drove us several kms along a dirt road to their home.

Waiting at the Logan Pub

When we got to the breeder's home, we were greeted with the barks from about a dozen Cavs and a beautiful little pudding of a Blenheim Cav that was to be called Toby. Cherie the breeder was very nice and was very happy that the pup was going to a home with children. Toby seemed to love all the attention. Steph even threw her arms around the breeder and hugged her and thanked her for letting them have her puppy! Awwwwwwww! Wish I'd got a photo!

Meeting Toby

He IS in there somewhere!

Kids in the cage, dog out!

Nath and Toby

Some of the other dogs

Toby's mum and the breeder

Eden and Toby

Kangaroo damage to car.
VERY lucky it wasn't worse!!!

After an hour we left the breeder with Toby and headed to Kangaroo Flat (near Bendigo) to meet our 'Marks'.  My Mark had decided that he'd pick Renee's Mark up after work and they'd drive up to Bendigo to meet us.  We were half way to Bendigo when Renee hit a roo. Renee was following me, so I was amazed that it had come in between our cars. I didn't see Renee flashing her lights at me to get me to stop, so it was a few minutes till I realized that she was far behind me. I pulled over and she pulled over too. I couldn't believe that she'd hit a roo! The car seemed to be still drive-able and thankfully no one was hurt (although we don't know about the roo!). We cautiously headed to Kangaroo Flat (LOL - how appropriate!) where we met our hubbys at Maccas (again) and had a coffee, the kids had a play, and the Marks got to meet Toby.

Renee and Toby!

It was well after 9pm that we left Kangaroo Flat in convoy with the roo damaged car between Mark and I. We made it home after 11pm.

What a day!

1 comment:

Mother Duck said...

What a day indeed. I am so very thankful that I had you with me, I'm not sure how I would have coped without you there! I'll bet our Marks never could have imagined the trouble we could get ourselves into. *heheh* Typing this comment with a sleeping Toby all curled up in my lap. Nawwwwww!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...