Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Busy times

We've had a very busy couple of weeks. Mark got a new job and resigned from his old job, we prepared our house for Mark's 40th Birthday party (with 70 guests!!!), put up a shed, had the party (will post on that one later), and Mark started his new job.

Pulling out a tree stump.

Adding a bit to the driveway so we can move the caravan away from the garage.

Using the whacker packer to whack the lilydale topping

Mark's new place of work.

We finally got ourselves a new mattress! Yay! Well over due and sooooooo nice to sleep in. We decided that we'd get an ensemble and that we might as well get a King size bed. So now we're in the process of re-decorating our bedroom. We painted it last year, so that part is fine, and so are the curtains (but gotta do some pelmets yet!) I bought new lamps last week and am on the look out for a nice light fitting for the ceiling.

I've been searching the internet (as I do) for ideas for a cheap headboard for our bed. Several blogs later, I've found what I want. And what I (with Mark's help) will make.  We're going to make our head board with an old door! Lie it on it's side and put on some posts, paint it and voila, a beautiful new bed! Well, I hope so anyway.  We're repainting our bedside tables and chest of drawers to match it too.  I know it might sound a bit ordinary... but I'm sure hoping that it will look good - it does in my mind anyway.

Stay tuned, pictures of Mark's 40th and our furniture making/restoring/repurposing adventures to come...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...